What Are the Top 10 U.S. Imports?
American imports totaled $2.410 trillion In 2014, read the list below to find out which products made up the Top 10 U.S. Imports.
The following list details the top 10 U.S. Imports — ranking them in order of highest dollar value. America is among the largest importers in the world and the U.S. current trade deficit is $51.4 billion. This means the goods imported into America, were $51.4 billion more than the value of exports.
- Oil – $356 billion
- Machines, Engines, Pumps – $330 billion
- Electronic Equipment – $319 billion
- Vehicles – $265 billion
- Medical Equipment – $76 billion
- Pharmaceuticals – $73 billion
- Gems, Precious Metals, and Coins – $65 billion
- Furniture, Lighting, and Signs – $55 billion
- Organic Chemicals – $54 billion
- Plastics – $50 billion
The total value of U.S. Imports for 2014 is up by 22.5% since 2010. America’s population is 318.9 million people, and the total dollar value of the top 10 U.S. imports translates to about $7,557 for every resident in the country.